Saturday 12 April 2014

Cool idea of preserving greens

 I discovered two great ideas how to preserve greens using only an ice-tray and olive oil, and I must tell you I'm really happy about it because is way better than putting them in a bag, seal it and keep it in the freezer....somehow mine went mushy in a bag in a very short time. So I have here two options:
1. First option is what I did with my greens. I wanted to have in my freezer Dill, Parsly, Rosemary, Chives and Basil. I took about 2 bunches of each put it in the food processor added 2 tbsp of Olive Oil, processed for about 1-2 min. and then put it in a tray with a teaspoon. With a black marker I wrote the initial letter of the green on each column. For example in this picture C (chives) and B (basil).
2. The second option is easier because it doesn't use a food processor so no processing and cleaning after. Only the leaves are removed from the stalks, placed in the tray, add Olive Oil to cover them up and there you have it, ready to go in the freezer.
To be honest I choose the first one because it uses less oil and because I like to add these at the end of my cooking or when I make sauces, so chopped greens are for me a better option and also they worked just fine when I made a roast dinner. Another reason is that I use the stalks as well on my cooking because they are as healthy and flavored as the leaves.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment